3 fun ideas that kids can do with mum for a Mother’s Day night in
Because Mother’s Day isn’t just for mum!
Mother’s Day is all about celebrating mum, and it’s even more fun when she’s celebrating with her favourite people! We’ve put together our top three ideas to put a smile on her face this Mother’s Day, all without leaving the comfort of home. In case you missed last week’s DIY Mother’s Day card and gift inspiration, you can find that here.
Staying home is a great way to spend some quality time with your mum this Mother’s Day. Plan a memorable night in with simple supplies, or treat her to some yummy dinner delivered from her favourite restaurant at Top Ryde City.
Who’s up for some backyard camping?
With some imagination, a camping trip with mum doesn’t need to involve travelling beyond your backyard or patio. If your dad has a BBQ, talk him into grilling mum her favourite BBQ meal to really mimic the camping feel. Create your own camp night at home with these easy steps:
To plan the perfect camp night for mum, you’ll need:
- Tent (if you have one)
- Your mum’s favourite food – cooked on the BBQ if you have one
- A sneaky snack or three
- Torches or fairy lights and
- Some super-cosy clothes
What to do:
- Find a nice patch in the backyard (or the lounge room if you’d prefer) and set up your tent (ask for some help if you need it)!
- Help cook all of your mum’s favourite foods, setting it out on blankets in the backyard
- Make sure everyone’s wearing super-warm and cosy clothes – right now beanies and scarves are recommended!
- Light up your camping area with torches or fairy lights
- Enjoy your food!
If mum’s game, make a night of it and camp outside overnight! Talk dad into outfitting the tent with sleeping bags and snuggly pillows. The only challenge will be dad’s snoring!
Best of all, you can start the next morning by making mum some yummy breakfast and a warm cup of coffee!
Mum will never turn down a pamper movie night!
Do you know what your mum’s favourite movie is? Pamper mum with her favourite food from Top Ride City (we’re talking meals and snacks), snuggle up on the lounge, and set up her favourite movie.
Does your mum enjoy a bubble bath? Start the night by pouring your mum a bath while you set up the living room. Give her a face mask, some luxurious hand cream, and set out the clothes she needs to be comfy! We guarantee she’ll arrive to movie night more relaxed than ever!
To plan the perfect movie night, you’ll need:
- Mum’s favourite movie
- Yummy food (popcorn is a movie favourite, but we don’t blame mum if she’d fancy some chocolate, too!)
- Cosy clothes
What to do:
- Order her favourite takeaway (link takeaway/delivery again)– delivered!
- Assemble some sweet treats for later
- Set up your living room with blankets for the ultimate snugglefest
- Get the movie ready to watch
- Dim the lights to create that genuine movie theatre experience.
Karaoke the night away
Does your mum love to sing and dance? Make this Mother’s Day loads of fun by having an amazing karaoke night! Turn your living room into your stage, and move the furniture out of the way to make space for the dance floor.
To plan the perfect karaoke night, you’ll need:
- Your mum’s favourite tunes loaded and ready to go
- Microphones – this is where you can be creative, using anything from a hairbrush to the TV remote
- Some refreshing drinks so everyone’s throats don’t get dry from all that singing!
Dim the lights, turn up the volume and kick off with your best Tik Tok dance moves! With mum’s favourite tunes cranked up, she’ll lose any inhibitions and you can all dance the night way!
If you find yourself in need of any supplies, Top Ryde City has everything you need for your Mother’s Day night in.
Get some warm blankets, bubble bath, a range of pamper kits and other supplies from BigW or a range of other retailers. Don’t Forget, snacks and drinks are absolutely critical – you can grab them from Woolworths, Coles, Aldi, New Yen Yen or The Growers or via takeaway and delivery from a range of restaurants and cafes.
And of course, don’t miss out on Top Ryde City’s Mother’s Day competition where you can win her a $100 gift card*!
*T&Cs apply, competition closes Wednesday 6 May.