Get Winter Workout Ready
When it comes to exercising, motivation and routine varies significantly from person to person.
Many people love exercising year-round and others enjoy it in the warmer weather, but are happy to hibernate when it’s cold. There are also those of us that hear the saying, ‘summer bodies are made in winter’ and wish we’d started earlier (guilty).
Whichever category you fall into and regardless of the intensity of your devotion, one thing remains certain – upgrading your workout gear is a prime motivator. What better way to entice yourself to work out in these slightly cooler temps than with a revamped winter workout wardrobe?
We’ve found the essential items to ensure you stay fit and warm without breaking the bank this winter. The best part? All these items are available at Top Ryde City retailers.
1. The track pant (but not as you know it)
Despite track pants also becoming a fashion staple in the past few years, they remain an essential piece of workout gear – and it’s not just because they’re comfortable. They also:
- Help reduce injury. If you’re one of those people that like to skip the warmup and get straight into the main action, track pants theoretically help reduce the risk of injury. By increasing and trapping body heat more than leggings (and causing you to sweat more), they help loosen up your muscles for a safer workout.
- Burn calories. True story. By increasing your body heat during your workout, your body then uses extra calories to cool itself down (a small amount, yes, but every bit counts!).
- Remove moisture. Most joggers are designed to wick away moisture so you’re not working out in wet, sweat-laden pants.
- Motivate you to get out there, no matter the weather! On those really tough days, your track pants will keep you warm enough to endure any drop in temperature.
So – just where can you get track pants that look the goods and perform the part? Rebel Sport has some incredible choices, with our favourites being:
- For men: the Puma Mens Celebration Sweatpants, with sizes Small through to Extra Large, an elastic waistband with drawstring for a custom fit, and a gorgeous pop of colour offsetting the Puma logo, and
- For women: the Nike Womens Sportswear Essential Trackpants, a modern and tailored jogger with an adjustable drawstring, ribbed ankle cuffs to show off your socks and kicks, and warmth without fleecy bulk.
2. The hoodie (fashion and functionality)
No track pants are complete without a hoodie.
This season, Big W has absolutely rocked the colours for women. We love the Bonds Women’s Essentials Zip Hoodie in watermelon; a lightweight and relaxed fit, but cosy fleece offering ultimate warmth. You can also try your luck with an alternative from Bond’s Clearance on ground level. It’s classic Bonds at its comfy and stylish best.
For men, we’ve fallen for the Circuit Men’s Logo Print Hoodie. Its ribbed cuffs and hem combine fashion with functionality, making it easy to transition from the pre-workout chat to the post-workout coffee with mates. This hoodie is also simple to look after – throw it in the washing machine, hang it out to dry and… you’re done!
3. Running tights (and no; they’re not just for the ladies)
If you’re a runner, you know how important it is to keep your running tights in tip-top shape. When their elasticity starts to give, they’re not providing the muscular support you need as you pound the pavement.
For male runners, we’re a little obsessed with the Men’s Run It 3 Stripes Tights by Adidas, available at Rebel Sport. The AEROREADY material that adidas is so well-known for sweeps the sweat away from your skin so you stay dry. A small pocket is handy for your key, coins or other small items, and 360 degrees of reflectivity gives you enhanced visibility when you’re running in those early mornings or late evenings.
For female runners, the Nike Womens Speed Icon Clash 7/8 Running Tights in pink are our absolute pick of the bunch, also available at Rebel Sport. They’re body-hugging but beautifully stretchy, moving with you while providing muscular support. Nike’s Dri-FIT technology keeps you comfortable and dry, while a mesh hip pocket features a bungee cord to securely store your key and other small essentials. And if you’re running in low light conditions, their reflective detail helps with visibility.
4. Socks (that will take you from your workout to work)
Here’s the thing with socks at The Athlete’s Foot – they provide it all. Performance. Comfort.
Check out the Velocity Performance Mini Socks, available in black or white. And don’t for one minute think that if you’re not a seasoned athlete then they’re not for you – they’re for everyone!
The technology in these babies is incredible. They’ve not only been designed to protect from friction and blisters, but also to help us remain comfortable in our workout for longer with an elastic arch support and by cushioning high impact areas.
They also come with health benefits – their Silpure Antibacterial Silver Treatment helps to manage moisture and odours that can cause bacterial growth, keeping your socks freshers and odour-free for longer.
So – are you ready to up your workout this Winter?
Choosing the right gym clothes or workout outfits can be a challenge at the best of times, but in winter, it’s especially hard. These top picks will hopefully motivate you to get out for your winter workouts while also keeping you warm.
Best of all, they’re all available right here at Top Ryde City – so head to your favourite fashion sport retailer today and get your winter workout outfit sorted.