What says “I love you” more than gooey, delicious, heart shaped, chocolate chip cookies?
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and what says “I love you” more than gooey, delicious, heart shaped, chocolate chip cookies? This recipe is so quick & simple, your kids will love helping out (as well as eating the finished result). Plus, you can pick up all the ingredients from Top Ryde City! Giving it a go this week? We’d love to see the finished result. Upload a picture to social media tagging #TopRydeValentines to share the love.
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
Prep time - 1h10 minutes
Cook time - 10 minutes
- Line a tray with baking paper and preheat the oven to 375°
- In a bowl, mix up the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together. Stir well for about a minute. Pour in the egg yolk, food colouring & vanilla and mix until all your ingredients are combined
- In another bowl, whisk up your remaining ingredients, adding slowly to your butter mixture until they’re well combined. Pour in your chocolate chips and distribute evenly
- Wrap your dough in glad wrap and refrigerate for an hour. When ready, roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface until it’s roughly ⅛” thick. Cut your cookies with a heart shaped cookie cutter (or any other shape you have available!) and spread them out evenly on your baking tray.
- Pop your tray in the oven for 9-10 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden.
- Take the tray out of the oven and let your cookies cool before enjoying them with a loved one.