4 Easy Recipes to Make With Your Kids in the Kitchen
This week on our craft feature, we’re bringing our kids into the kitchen! Sometimes cooking with your little ones can be stressful, so we’ve found easy recipes to keep it fun. All of these recipes keep well for a few days, so you can ensure nothing is wasted - plus have some leftovers. Don’t forget - you can add your own creative touch to any of these recipes to make them unique for your family.
Let’s get cooking!
- Flour, eggs, milk, fruit of your choice (we love adding frozen blueberries)
- 2 eggs, 2 cups milk, 2 ¼ cups self rising flour, handful of fruit.
- Whisk eggs and milk together to combine, then slowly add the flour until everything is combined. If you’re adding fruit, mix in now.
- Heat a non-stick pan over low-medium heat and add a touch of olive oil, cooking spray or butter. Cook pancakes for 1-2 minutes, or until lightly browned. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Add any toppings you’d like, or leave them as is.
- Salad: Onion, tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, olives, and premade greek salad dressing
- Dressing (from scratch): Red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dried oregano, salt, pepper, olive oil.
- Salad: 2 tomatoes, 1 cucumber, ½ onion, handful olives, handful of feta cheese
- Dressing: 2 tbsp. Red wine vinegar, juice ½ lemon, 1 tsp. dried oregano, pinch of salt, pinch of pepper, 1/4c. Olive oil.
- Carefully cut up all of your vegetables into bite sized pieces.
- Place them all in a large bowl. Top with feta cheese.
- Combine all dressing ingredients (if making from scratch).
PASTA WITH TOMATO SAUCE AND BASIL
- Tomato sauce, pasta, parmesan cheese, basil leaves
- 1 can tomato sauce, pasta of choice, 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, a handful of basil leaves
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Put pasta in once boiling, cook to instructions on the package.
- In a saucepan, empty contents of tomato sauce, let it heat up as pasta boils.
- Drain the pasta, and plate in your favourite bowls. Top with cheese and a few basil leaves.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Brown sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla extract, salt, flour, chocolate chips, salt
- ½ cup brown sugar, ½ cup butter, 1 egg, 1 ½ tsp vanilla, ½ tsp salt, 1 cup self rising flour, 1 cup chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 200. Place butter and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Add eggs and vanilla and combine well.
- Add flour and salt slowly, mix well. Add in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into round shapes, press flat and place on cooking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes - until golden brown.
The beauty with these recipes, is that you may already have most of the ingredients you need at home! Any ingredients that you're missing for these easy recipes can be found at Top Ryde City's Woolworths, Aldi or Coles. Make sure to tag us in your cooking adventures on Instagram or Facebook!
We can’t wait to see what you create.